Monday, October 14, 2013

Experience 1101 - The enemy of my enemy was my friend but now he is my enemy's friend -a bit later- but after feeling guilty he's just back to being the enemy of my enemy and not so much my friend.

Up first I went audio log hunting. This is mostly useless information and just the "completionist" in me taking over my experience. Unfortunately not all of the actual collectables are available until late in the game. This was the case as I scoured for things that had not yet even been placed into the world. I had to actually progress further in the game a few missions to collect the last few collectables.

After way too much time gathering audio logs I decided it was time to put on the "ending the game soon" outfit from SR3 -- The Cardinal. The save game "complete" percentage made it clear the game was coming to a close.

The left half is a bit pixelated due to the in-game filtering to remind the player that this is a virtual world inside a virtual word.
The first mission I took one would have been the last if things went according to plan...

Other than Gat is in this game?

The Saints gathered to start the final assault only to be attacked themselves. The Zin poured into the "secret" Saints warehouse with a new weapon that could disable the super powers used throughout the game. The assault was particularly annoying because a number of tanks could only be affected by missiles... something that never really seemed to apply in the rest of the game (although I didn't battle too many tanks in my experience...).

After escaping the assault I had to protect the Saints driving in a car by using a very well armed helicopter.

Missiles that curve a lot certainly look cool visually.
The saints escaped and then we ended up in a shooting gallery... well the Genki activity but this time the contestants were hordes of Zin soldiers that we had to mow down. We escaped and stole a Genki-mobile and everything was progressing well (I guess...). Then just when things were working out we hit a snag...

Zinyak certainly did more than just hold Kinzie up in the air...

Then the Zin attacked the ship in the "real" world. They were already in the process of hurdling it into the sun when we woke up and fought back. We returned a couple of explosive gifts attached to the ship to the enemy ship attached/guiding ours into the sun. We broke off and I am assuming veered away from the sun... though that never really was made completely clear... I would have expected a cutscene of the ship flying to safety.

Even this image is hard to look at.

In various media outlets and even the game itself they reference "Benjamin !$%^-ing King" ... but really it should be "Keith !$%^-ing David" ... and on another note the super version of Benjamin King doesn't look like Benjamin King. He looks like Morpheus from the Matrix and apparently lost quite a bit of weight.

Apparently the whole reason things went awry in the virtual world was that "Keith !$%^-ing David" turned on us for the promise of leading the virtual world (which is totally confusing among other things).

Oh make your enemy your friend... seems easy enough.
I trusted "Keith !$%^-ing David" to be my VP!

I knew there was something wrong with "Keith !$%^-ing David" ... he was the only one to NOT take part in the Romance activity.
Anyway... "Keith !$%^-ing David" ends up turning on Zinyak for some reason. So then you end up in his "nightmare" scenario which for some reason involves Rowdy Roddy Piper brawling with "Keith !$%^-ing David."

Piper apparently shows up where he is needed... like in the middle of Saints Row games.
After watching Piper and "Keith !$%^-ing David" brawl for a while it was time to head to the roof and shoot stuff for a bit.

Very stylish mid-battle almost silhouette.

"Keith !$%^-ing David" is back on our side and the game continues! That was a weird turn in the story that added very little to the overall experience. I would figure the Saints would have tossed "Keith !$%^-ing David" into space.

No comments:

Post a Comment