Saturday, October 12, 2013

Experience 1010 - Light bulbs can illuminate in so many ways...

Up first I had some activities to clear up... Another mayhem activity with weak weapons resulted in me using some creativity: dashing through the sidewalks of virtual Steelport. This racked up combo and points super fast making all the on-foot mayhem activities a breeze.

The room won't stop spinning!
I figured it was time for an outfit change and found some suitable brawling attire. I've given up on the custom outfits because the components are generally just reused from SR3. There are some decent outfits I just need to remember to go to the various stores...

How could I pass up this outfit...
With new gear to lay the smack down on some Zin and free my homies I went and helped Matt play through his fan fiction of NyteBlayde... Zinyak of course became involved but everything worked out...

I would have done this even if he weren't Zin-NyteBlayde
After defeating Zin-NyteBlayde Matt was bestowed with the rights to NyteBlayde because of course the real actor is assumed dead and only a true fan can continue to cultivate the fiction... blah blah blah. Up next it was time to free Shaundi. Her primary mission revolved around her feeling guilty for the death of Johnny Gat in SR3 as well as her former self being an utter loser in SR2.

Looks more like a horror movie than a Saints Row sequence.
The first sequence involved a "trippy" journey through the plane that Johnny Gat died in during a mission in SR3. It was nothing too exciting but involved a zombie Johnny Gat so that's okay (I don't like his character much so I was glad he wasn't back in the game).

Motivation. Dedication. Passion.
After freeing previous (SR2) Shaundi from her boyfriend "Veteran Child," the Shaundis argued over who is better and eventually led to an altercation between the two that was yet another homage to Mass Effect (2).

Games are in now way influential... but the pharmaceutical lobby must be happy with this mission task.

The secondary mission for Shaundi is terribly stupid and involves scoring some drugs so the Shaundis gain super powers.

The president feels the need to do some drugs out of a broken light bulb. Classy.
With the Shaundi missions out of the way I moved onto freeing Benjamin King. He is a character from Saints Row I am not familiar with at all. I also felt the need to change my outfit because the Roddy Piper outfit has a problem in the form of a massively large butt. I'm not sure why that is... but it's goofy looking.

Revisiting an area in Saints Row (some church where bad things likely happened).
The filtering for the color makes it feel old-timey and/or old west (or some overly hot gross day outside).

Ben and I mopped things up of course (even without super powers).
Then there's some discussion/argument/boasting about how important Benjamin King is... again without context of Saints Row this is mostly lost on me.

The finer points of running for president... discussed after a street shootout.
...and fraps captured this fairly stylish screenshot:

Smirk.
I don't have screenshots from Ben King's side mission or Asha's main mission. Ben King's mission was fairly bland... I went after the same woman as in his primary mission... some character I don't even know of (I've never played Saints Row so the back story is not familiar). Asha's mission was a parody of stealth games that was fairly humorous and fun. The sneaky card board box attacks on guards certainly was entertaining... definitely worth playing through for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment