Saturday, September 21, 2013

Experience 0010 - Now I am Neo (Alternatively: Sign sign everywhere a sign... )

After returning to the "normal" world simulation from the 1950s simulation I was greeted with numerous entertaining signs to remind me how great the virtual world is!

I have yet to see examples of actual rewards for obedience... very disappointing.

... like more bad guys with British accents from space? I didn't know the British empire conquered the galaxy... they certainly lost track of their colonies.

It's not bad. The super powers help a lot.

My second experience with the game consisted of me mostly exploring the map and trying a variety of activities. I did end up running through one mission... which I should have done first because it super powered my character's abilities! I am definitely now slowly becoming the super powered Neo in the Matrix. I can leap wherever (including up buildings) and speed run through the city. SR4 truly is a super hero game. It's a great departure from the standard Saints Row experience. I am glad it still has the rough anti-hero edge in that your character isn't necessarily a goody goody (certainly a terrible president in many respects).

Before I could run around and try out all the activities I needed to further define my character's style. Clothing shopping was a fun break in the game and certainly provided a lot more entertainment than I expected in SR3. SR4 uses a lot of the same assets as SR3 so everything seemed very familiar.

Steampunkish with French braids... still looks like a college student.


Below you'll find images of some of the various activities I tried out:

"Mayhem" with a black hole gun that sucks everything into the spot you fire at (seemed very unpredictable).
Tank Mayhem is fairly easy because everything counts as an item adding to the bonus (as you can see).

UFO Mayhem certainly was fun... just about every mode is explosion based! Awesome! I think...

After running around for a while it was time to take on an actual mission. As I stated previously I really should have done this first as you gain the ability to speed run and super jump. Both abilities would have been very helpful in taking out the enemy stronghold areas.

POWER UP!
Kinzie ran me through basic training on the abilities in yet another homage to the Matrix. After training I was forced into a "Blazin" timed event where I had to dash through the city and leap buildings in an obstacle course. I think it will take some time getting used to the abilities as they really change the entire game play style.

Zippity Zoom! I'm a super hero now!
 
Leaping the rooftops collecting stuff. This is a good reason to tour the city.
After completing the mission I realized of course that my abilities were always active so I figured I should try to them in hand-to-hand combat. My character broke out some hilariously vicious moves when dash attacking citizens/aliens.

Just about to unleash some wrestling fury upon a poor virtual citizen. The super move animations are humorous and fun.
After all the fun I spent some hard earned cash on my favorite - exploding shells for my, now dual, pistols.

Gloomy Friendly Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment